Thursday 28 March 2013

I Meet Arthur Currie

To my one true love,
 Mary, how are you? How are the children? And the farm? You will not believe what has happened! I got the wonderful, exciting opportunity to meet General Arthur Currie! Yes dear, he is the great man who made the Battle of Vimy Ridge successful as he led the 1st Canadian Division in the battle! But not only that, he is also the very first Canadian to command Canadian troops without any direction from the British army. He has served in many battles and has worked hard to achieve his position. Just meeting him inspires me to serve my nation and be prideful. He is my role model dear, I look up to him. Arthur Currie is truly an amazing, respectable man full with honour. I got to hear his tactful, strategic thinking as now we are getting ready for another battle soon to come. I promise you after our next battle I will be home to you and our beautiful children. I love you so much, Mary. Take care, I will write to you very soon.
 
Jacques DuBois 
 
 
Sources:
Canadians at War 1911-1918 By: Donald M. Santor
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment